Latex-free graduated compression stockings to prevent allergy to this material.
Latex allergy is a growing medical problem. Currently, latex products are part of everyday life and very often in medical practice (gloves, catheters, stockings, etc.), their frequency has led to an increase in allergic reactions.
Latex hypersensitivity can be accompanied by cross-reactions to some foods (occasionally banana, melon, chestnuts, kiwi and papaya). Latex allergy can lead to significant anaphylactic reactions.
A fundamental measure against allergy to proteins contained in latex is to completely avoid contact with its antigens. There are risk groups due to their frequent exposure to this product, such as health personnel (dentists, doctors, etc.).
Contact dermatitis is the most common manifestation of latex hypersensitivity. Latex-free compression stockings are available for people allergic to latex. Here’s a wide selection of hosiery advertised as latex-free.
We remind you that we have an extensive Post that deals in depth with the issue of allergy to latex in compression stockings.
- Indications and contraindications of compression stockings
- Compression stockings to prevent vein thrombosis
- Compression stockings for sleep?
- Uses of stockings according to their degree of compression
- Compression stockings in Overweight and Obesity
- Best compression stockings for varicose veins
- Stocking allergy
- Stockings to prevent economy class syndrome
- Pregnancy and use of Compression Stockings
We always recommend attending the consultation of a specialist in vascular diseases.