The rest stockings are ideal for people who spend long hours standing or sitting without being able to move much, they can be used both in people without varicose veins and in patients with incipient venous insufficiency (for example, people with spider veins without damage to other veins). For higher grade venous insufficiency, other grades of therapeutic compression are used.
Degrees of compression
For the rest of the legs in patients without varicose veins, venous thrombosis or its sequelae, low compression stockings (20 mmHg or less) are usually indicated. In patients who already have venous insufficiency, specialists may recommend averages of 20 to 30 mmHg (depending on the case). Here are several models for your consideration. For more information you can read about the use of stockings according to their different degrees of compression.
SIGVARIS Women’s Style Sheer 780 Open Toe Thigh-Highs w/Grip Top 15-20mmHg
LIGHT compression stockings
MODERATE compression stockings
- Indications and contraindications of compression stockings
- Compression stockings to prevent vein thrombosis
- Compression stockings for sleep?
- Uses of stockings according to their degree of compression
- Compression stockings in Overweight and Obesity
- Best compression stockings for varicose veins
- Stocking allergy
- Stockings to prevent economy class syndrome
- Pregnancy and use of Compression Stockings
We always recommend attending the consultation of a specialist in vascular diseases.