Causes of tiredness in the legs
The fatigue of the lower limbs can be attributed to multiple causes, some of them are:
- Strenuous exercise
- Hydro-electrolyte imbalance
- Venous insufficiency
- Advanced age
- Inappropriate footwear
- Problems in the bone structure of the lower extremities, for example: Feet with a very pronounced arch, pronator foot, etc.
- Postural disorders
- Muscle diseases
- Nervous system disorders
- Hormonal disorders
- Some medications (Example: birth control pills)
How to relieve fatigue in the lower limbs
The first thing is to locate and deal with the cause of the problem, this would surely mitigate the symptom of tiredness.
– Carrying on when you think you can’t take it anymore, is what makes you different from others
In the case of venous insufficiency, tiredness may or may not be accompanied by other symptoms such as pain or cramps. In such a situation we will resort to the following alternatives:
- Prevention of risk factors for this condition (weight control, avoiding standing in place for long periods, avoiding excessive heat, treating constipation, etc.).
- Use of compression stockings as a pillar for the treatment of varicose veins and venous insufficiency
- Exercise to strengthen the legs’ natural muscular pump
- Treatment with venotonic drugs (which facilitate valve closure). Out of these many are sold as plant and natural extracts, however the most effective will undoubtedly be those indicated by a vascular doctor.
- Indications and contraindications of compression stockings
- Compression stockings to prevent vein thrombosis
- Compression stockings for sleep?
- Uses of stockings according to their degree of compression
- Compression stockings in Overweight and Obesity
- Best compression stockings for varicose veins
- Stocking allergy
- Stockings to prevent economy class syndrome
- Pregnancy and use of Compression Stockings
We always recommend attending the consultation of a specialist in vascular diseases.